Subject: Re: Seeing movies through Archos
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-13

> Hi, I own Archos Recorder and lately a pretty interesting question came up
> -
> Is there anyway I can see movies through it. I mean, yeah, there's no LCD
> screen on it,

There isn't?
Mine has, and try this (using Rockbox 2.2):
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2004-02/0085.shtml

> but there is, however, an RCA output. Now - there are two
> problems keeping Archos from being a VCR -
>
> 1. Hardware - The yellow line for video doesn't exist on this version of
> Archos.
> 2. Software - There is no movie encoder on it.
>
> Are there any solutions to those problems???

Sorry, I just can't hold back a bit of sarcasm:
1) Solder your yellow line somewhere you find appropriate
2) Write some software to use it

The poor little box (11 MHz CPU) has absolutely no hardware and software
resources to do so.

Jörg