Subject: Re: Xclef HD500 / H&B JK-20(S) and Rockbox
From: Joseph Jones (
Date: 2004-03-14 wrote:
> My name is Emmeau.
> In December, I read in this list on how there were idea's on porting
> Rockbox to the Xclef.
> A lot of info was pulled from (including the
> complaints it was in dutch, and wondering if we could translate it).
> Also, a lot of linking was done to my site for pics
> and other data.
> I was wondering if there is any news on it, if people are still willing to
> work on a port of rockbox.
> Needless to say I would offer my help in such a port-project.
> I spoke to Björn Stenberg by mail and he suggested I would post in this
> forum.
> Emm.

I expressed interest in this also about a week ago. It seems to me that
it's a perfect alternative to the Archos JBR. However, I have neither
the money nor the skills to buy one with the hopes of porting Rockbox to
it :(

I particularly like that pogo ( ) sell a re-branded
version without an HDD. This would make it perfect for when people's
existing JBRs start dying, since they can simply dump the HDD into the
new unit's case and carry-on regardless.

Just the usually user saying that I think it's a cool idea, but am not
in a position to help ;)