Subject: Re: The death of our AJBRs... (was Re: Xclef HD500 / H&B JK-20(S) and Rockbox)
From: roland (
Date: 2004-03-14

same here.
i still have that conflict "buy another old-style ajbrec 20 as long i can get one" vs. "wait for the next generation technology,
rockbox is running on"

i found, that xclef mp3 players are available in germany now (too):
(?329 for the hd500)

btw - seems to be a fine shop for mp3 player hardware.

there also is a swiss company selling even the hd-800:

i requested pricing information for xclef hd800 (will be probably available next week) - and i was told it will be ~ 650.- CHF
(which is ~420? or ~510 USD)
not a cheap device, but a nice one or even a "killer one", if rockbox will be running on that....

but - before judging about the original firmware - we should first buy one... :)