Subject: Re: The death of our AJBRs... (was Re: Xclef HD500 / H&B JK-20(S) and Rockbox)

Re: The death of our AJBRs... (was Re: Xclef HD500 / H&B JK-20(S) and Rockbox)

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:23:15 +0100

same here.
i still have that conflict "buy another old-style ajbrec 20 as long i can get one" vs. "wait for the next generation technology,
rockbox is running on"
:)

i found, that xclef mp3 players are available in germany now (too):
http://www.k55.de/shop/single_article.php3?nArtikel_ID=390&VID=ZWgk9kPAqHH8x6JZ
(?329 for the hd500)

btw - seems to be a fine shop for mp3 player hardware.

there also is a swiss company selling even the hd-800:
http://www.pocketmedia.ch/index.htm?hd_mp3_wma_player.htm

i requested pricing information for xclef hd800 (will be probably available next week) - and i was told it will be ~ 650.- CHF
(which is ~420? or ~510 USD)
not a cheap device, but a nice one or even a "killer one", if rockbox will be running on that....

but - before judging about the original firmware - we should first buy one... :)

regards
roland