Subject: Re: Recorder V2 (Please Help)
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2004-03-15

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Ed Kilvein wrote:

> Linus, I installed the the 439kb zip filr for the recorder.

The Recorder is not the Recorder v2. If you have a Recorder v2, you need the
Recorder v2 package, not the Recorder package.

You can easily use this chart to identify if your unit is a Recorder or a
Recorder v2:

Make sure you get Rockbox built for the unit you have.

> What does it mean to 'eject' (unmount) the usb disk before you unplug it?

If you use windows, you select a little tray icon down the right and select
eject before you pull out the USB cable (or shut off the Archos).

If you use linux, you unmount filesystem before you pull the cable.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --