Subject: Re: Faster Disk Access and Power usage
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-03-15

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

> UltraEdit is very popular, but not free.

It is a spectacularly good editor and my text editor of choice. You get
used to powerful features like column operations (cut, copy, paste,
insert, etc.), regular expression search and replace, and hex editing of
binary files. Highly recommended.

An alternate that is very close to being as good is TextPad. I've used
both and I prefer UltraEdit, but Textpad is a close second. TextPad is
also shareware.

I have a friend who does Mac development for a living. He still has a
PC just because he can't find as good a programmer's editor for the Mac
as UltraEdit.

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell