Subject: Re: Hello
From: Lyman Green (daerid_at_io.com)
Date: 2004-03-15

Eric Linenberg said:
> Yes. Actually the way it currently works (thanks to Jörg) is both
> boot images are stored in your flash.
>
> ------------------------------------
> | archos | |
> | firmware | rockbox |
> | | |
> ------------------------------------
>
> by default it boots to rockbox, and when you re-flash it will only
> overwrite the rockbox part, but if you hold down F1, you can always
> boot to the archos firmware.
>
> And, you can always go back and re-flash the whole flash as the archos
> firmware.

Ahhh.. Is there any reason NOT to update to the latest Archos firmware
when I get the jukebox BEFORE I apply Rockbox? By which I mean to say do
Archos do any nasty things like have their firmware check for other ones
or something like that?

Thanks for the info!

Lyman

--
Oh yeah, that's what I like about you baby, you're always on time!