Subject: [ 801376 ] VIRTUAL QUICK DELETE OPTION
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-16

hi!
i was just browsing in the feature requests and found a request for "virtual quick delete".
unfortunately that request has been rejected.

>Pointless. We already have delete, we don't need a dozen
>different ways to do it.

actually, i would like that feature VERY much, because i`m sorting out lots of mp3 files, putting together my own mp3 collections.
on the pc i can just drag and drop the good ones to the folder "good" and the bad ones to another folder, for later hearing (once
more again) and probably deleting.

so - i really would like an option like this - to be able to delete a file virtually - maybe by by reanaming it to a different
"fixed" name/extension or - better - by moving it to a special "crap", "trash" or "not so good" folder (and later deletion when the
juke is mounted as hdd)

i really agree, that we don`t need a dozen different ways for deleting files, but at least 2 different ways would be really neat!

i think others could find this useful, too, and i wished, if this feature-request would be un-rejected!
hands up - who votes for this, too?
;)

regards
roland

VIRTUAL QUICK DELETE OPTIONI noticed many others requeesting better file delete...

I believe I have a safe way to deal with the issue.

Have a configuration option called:

VIRTUAL QUICK DELETE

Using just one keystroke (or combination) it would
rename the current playing or browsed file from *.mp3
to *.mp3.del

So these lame renamed files would no longer play.

This way the user can make sure that he/she really
wants to delete them, and maybe restore some of them,
before actually deleting them. This cleanup could be
done easily from windows, for example:

Start file find j:\*.mp3.del