Subject: LCD backlight dimming
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-16

hi!

>Vary backlight brightness.
>is there a way to vary the brightness of the backlight as
>well as contrast please?

>Followups:
>This is not possible to implement, due to hardware limitations.

mhhh - we have grayscale video - that was not possible due to hardware limitations,too - until....
:)

does somebody know, at which rate the led`s of the display can be switched on/off?
maybe dimming could be done by switching the display on/off very quickly - by software.

sorry - maybe this has been discussed already, but i missed the thread and didn`t find it in the archive.

at least, there have been recorders out there which were able to dim (i saw a videoclip somebody posted on this list). do we know
that was a hardware or a software-based dimming?
if it was software based dimming caused by a "developers firmware" accidentally escaped into the "wild".......?

regards
roland