Subject: Re: voice UI, step 1 committed (talking menus)
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-03-16

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

> Yes, stay tuned. There is already a script available which walks the
> directories and places a .dirname.mp3 clip in each one, using my "speak" TTS command
> line tool. I've used it on my box, a very cool way to quickly get all
> directories "voiced". No need for a special orginization.

   I've been able to get the script to do the TTS directly with
VBScript, but haven't yet been able to find a way to write the .wav
directly to a file. I've seen examples in VB (and your speak.cpp), but
they don't seem to expose the same methods/properties in the VBSCript
implementations. I'll pay a visit to the MS newsgroups and see if any of
the gurus there can help out. In the meantime, your speak.exe is still
the most straightforward way to make the .dirname clips.