Subject: RE: durability
Date: 2004-03-16

The Best Buy Service Plans are awesome, aren't they. My F2 key broke
also, and took it up to Best Buy and they gave me credit toward a new
AV320. That is a sweet unit, but unfortunately, RockBox is not available
for it. (hint...hint) The Archos Firmware sucks.

"David Greenfield" <>
Sent by:
03/16/2004 10:45 AM
Please respond to; Please respond to
Rockbox development <>

"Rockbox development" <>

RE: durability

I've had my FM for just about 12 months now. Earlier this week, the F2 key
pushed in and won't come back out. It usually sits on my desk for 10 hours
a day and in my breast pocket for a couple of hours between home and work.
I've been pleased overall. The depressed F2 key still works (more or less)
for changing the radio presets (but I wonder why). I'd return it to
BestBuy (via 2 year extended warranty I purchased) if I thought I could
get a replacement device with more or the same features but I don't think
I can. Maybe that will change in the next year. Overall, I'd rate it 100%
for features and software (Rockbox, that is), 90% for durability.