Subject: Plugged in Car-charger - smoke out of my box - no charging
From: blaou (blaou_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2004-03-16

Hi,
after I broke my old car-charger for my Archos Recorder, I bought a new
one with changeable voltage. After I plugged it into my Archos, Smoke
came out of my recorder.
Now it is actually still working - but charging the batteries does not
work anymore.
Can this be fixed? Is it this "soldering the charging circuit"-something
people talk about on this list? (I tried searching the Mail-Archive
but ended up with IRC-Logs....) Is there maybe a description for it or
do I have to bring it to some kind of mechanic?

Thanks for your suggestions,

blaou