Subject: Re: voice UI, step 1 committed (talking menus)
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-03-17

Rocker wrote:

> Easy man. Your giving me a woody!

Well, I'm not going to touch that one - literally or figuratively. =P

OTOH, I got the scripting straightened out so that you can generate all
the .dirname clips without needing Jörg's speak.exe - not that that was
any big impediment. It still uses the same clunky MS voices, after all.
It is a bit easier to tweak the voice settings without having to compile
anything, I suppose.

You still need lame.exe and lame_enc.dll to do the wave-to-mp3 encoding,
but those are readily available, and I'm *not* going to attempt to write
  an MP3 encoder in vbscript <shudders>. It's kind of a nasty little
language, but since it can get at the innards of the file system and
access some other MS COM objects pretty easily, it's not totally without
its uses.