Subject: Re: voice UI, step 1 committed (talking menus)
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-17

> > I re-made my mind about file name and position. I will change the code
> > (while it's not too late) to load voicefonts from the ".rockbox/langs/"
> > directory. This makes more sense.
>
> I would also suggest that you change the term "voicefont" (if it even is
> present anywhere else than in mails). It has nothing to do with fonts,
> thus calling it so is confusing imho.

I've borrowed the term from the Creative Labs "soundfonts", that's how they
used to call their instrument sets for MIDI wavetables.

He who dislikes it has to come up with a better suggestion: ...

> Putting the file of voice clips in the langs dir seems appropriate, since
> it indeed is language related.

My thinking, I want to name it "english.voice". Have already done so here
internally, to be changed with the next commit.
One day this filename may be dynamically following the selected language, so
if you selected swedish and svenska.voice is present, it will automagically
use that one.

Jörg

Jörg