Subject: Re: Video Converter GUI out
From: John Wunder (
Date: 2004-03-17

> - You can read the framerate of the avi.
> - Byte 32-35 (counting from 0) contains usec/Frame as doubleword
> - framerate is 1000000 / usec
> - round to three digits to get a "29.970" und "23.976" String
> (You can read also several other things, look for an avi file format
> description in the net.)

This I'll definitly look into. For the first time last night I had the
framerate the the audio and video became misaligned, so it's pretty

> - There exists the OpenDML aka Avi 2.0 format. Look at the
> descriptions for OpenDML here:
> avi2wav.exe cannot read audio data from such avi files! Maybe you
> can get the audio out of the avi with MS GraphEdit and an
> appropriate Filter file (you can find infos about GraphEdit in the
> net).

I'm hoping the AVISynth scripts/engine will read this and translate it to
an AVI the converter could read. If not, I don't see doing much work for
it because it's in such a limited usage...I've never seen one myself.

> - Because of filesize limitations, you could cut the avi in several
> pieces before processing. This works with AVIMUXGUI (link above) and
> it's scripting feature.

There are filesize limitations? I'll definitly check it out...I didn't
know about that. I guess my movies aren't big enough(about 100 meg...just
TV shows).