Subject: Re: Plugged in Car-charger - smoke out of my box - no charging

Re: Plugged in Car-charger - smoke out of my box - no charging

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:29:55 -0500

Yep, I've confirmed that neither end of the cassette adapter will fit into
the cigarette lighter outlet. ;)

For the Studio and original recorder models you will need a 9v adapter
600ma minimum with the proper size plug, and make double, even triple sure
that you have the plug set for center positive. The RS kind come with
one free "adaptaplug" tip, and I believe the one you need is the "H" tip.
I recommend you get one that is simply 9v, or if you do get one with a
switchable output, make sure it is recessed so no accidental changes. You
can also take the suggestion that others have made and glue the tip on to
the plug, so that doesn't get accidentally reversed.

Chris