Subject: Re: BMW IBUS <-> Archos Jukebox (as CD Changer)
From: Fernando Birra (fpb_at_di.fct.unl.pt)
Date: 2004-03-18

Hi,

"jobarjo" <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr> escreveu na mensagem

>1k at 12v make 12mA, which may be too much for the archos.
>Are you sure the archos fails to put the bus low with 5k at 12v? it makes
>about 2mA, which should be largely possible.
>This should be caused by your mosfet that cause a voltage drop...

Yes, I'm quite sure. But I believe it is also caused by the transistor I'm
using. The IBUS voltage drops just a little bit which probably means that
the transistor is just barely starting to turn on. Is this a plausible
explanation?

>no need for a transceiver a simple npn, a resistor and your mosfet should
be
>ok
>but need 2 wire...

OK, I've done the serial mod already. I understand that I can use my mosfet
to listen to the bus. But how do I connect the TX pin to the IBUS? Can you
show it to me please?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando Birra