Subject: Charging w/USB "Feature" found and bug?
From: vze2dr3m_at_verizon.net
Date: 2004-03-18

Hi All,

I love this list...

Anyway, I have been having a major-league problem getting my system flashed. I keep getting the file not found when I run the rockbox_flash.rock file. Anyway, I'll try to redo everything from scratch. However, it pointed me to 2 strange things:

1) When in debug and looking at the battery information, I plugged in the USB cable. It didn't connect to the USB, but started charging. I backed out to the main display and it continued charging.

2) Since, I was connecting and disconnecting the USB after putting more flash files on the drive, I ran into a problem where I got a "ata error -71" with the latest release for the v2 downloaded today. I couldn't connect again for the life of me. I rolo'd (I think that's what it's called) back to the version from the flash package and I could connect again without problem.

Is it bad to charge via USB this way? It would enable me to listen to rockbox while charging at work. If this is okay, would it be possible to setup a charging connector mode so people wouldn't have to go into debug.

I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

Seth