Subject: Re: Plugged in Car-charger - smoke out of my box - no charging
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-18

> Hi Jörg, did you get my email?

I did, no time to write a detailled answer.

> Anyway, I'm writing it again:
> - Where can I get the party you are mentioning?

I don't know, and haven't looked.
Reichelt has it, but only in DIL package.

> - "easy to replace" - even to me, who has never soldered anything in his
> life?

Then no.

> - Do you know someone in Germany, preferably in the Bonn/Cologne Area,
> who could do this kind of stuff?

No, I don't. Any skilled TV repair shop can probably do it, if you bring in
the part tell them which chip to replace.

For the time being, I suggest charging externally (obvious).

Jörg