Subject: Re: OT
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-03-18

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:26:58 +1030, "c0utta fish" <> wrote:

>Thirdly, I mentioned to Mike at newmp3technology about the problem with
>broken keys on the JBR's and that some guys on this list would like to find
>a source. Well, Mike tells me that he's planning on providing them from
>broken JBR's, but he also mentioned that he's considering moulding them too.
> Mike believes there may be some legalities with this (Archos seems to have
>people scared at the moment). No mention of prices, but maybe it would be
>worth contacting them if you're currently using a pin to operate your F

I think Mike reads this list so....

YES to molding new keys. Make 'em out of a hard polyurethane and you can run
over 'em with a car and not break 'em.

There is a big ole antitrust law with roots in the auto industry, the title of
which escapes me right now, that completely protects third party parts
manufacturers from OEM actions that would stifle competition. As long as you
don't infringe on a registered trademark (so make 'em bright screaming
fluorescent orange instead of Archos blue), Archos can't touch you.

while you're at it, why not mold some polyurethane bumpers in tastefully wild

There is a short-run polyurethane molder here in Cleveland that I can put you
in touch with.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN