Subject: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2
From: Chris Jernigan (
Date: 2004-03-18

I don't know how to adjust my archos v2 20g for some
songs that seem to have a hissing crackling treble sound.

When the drums or bright audio play, a hissing sound or
crackling sound appears over my speaker in my car
via my wireless audio link (SIIG company).

It uses 87.9 on the FM dial, and other songs seem ok.

I do have a car/headphone CFG mode that I change into
(which I wish could be incorporated into a quick menu)
to not have to go thru so many button presses to get to
browse .cfg files..

I don't think loudness control makes a diff, it is about
at 3.. bass is at 5, treble 10-11, and bass boost maybe 10%.
My volume is at 76 or so, and lowering it to 50 and raising
stereo volume seem to make a difference, but I get more
background fm noise in silent areas.

What is the BEST way to play an archos via a car stereo,
maybe this fm link isn't a good idea.