Subject: RE: No "safely remove hardware" icon

RE: No "safely remove hardware" icon

From: Chris Weaver <cweaver_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:56:29 -0600

One way to do this in XP is to connect the device, right click and select properties, choose the hardware tab, select the
appropriate device (Mine is the Hitachi_DK23EA-20 USB device), select properties, choose the policies tab, and select Optimize for
quick removal.

Works great on XP but I don't have write caching enabled on my Win2K system but it still complains.