Subject: Re: dB volume (was: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2)
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-03-19

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:34:06 +0100, Uwe Freese <> wrote:

>I would also prefer a dB display going from -something dB to 0dB. I
>don't think this is so unusual - all the modern amplifiers / receivers
>(including mine) show volume in dB.
>To summarize: I vote for dB. :)

I think it's about time to leave the user interface alone. I'm currently less
than happy with the Great Interface Makeover in V2.1. It's not fun trying to
un-learn muscle memories honed over several years of use, trying to adapt to
the new layout. I'm back to having to look at the screen for everything I do.
I'll get used to it but I'd really hate to have to do this again.

If the volume control has to be tinkered with, at least make the scale a
user-selectable value. I have a number of cfg's set up for various listening
environments that I really don't want to have to go back and edit.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN