Subject: Re: Playlist grows upon restart
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2004-03-19

Lucas wrote:

> Is this possibly a bug? If a playlist contains 3 files, one from each
> directory, upon resume of the playlist, any songs in the current directory
> are added to the playlist and I no longer have just those 3 original songs.
> Of course, if the playlist consists of all the files in one directory, no
> new files are added. Why should files in a directory be automatically added
> to the playlist? Anyone else have this happen?

How was the original playlist created? The only reason other tracks
from a directory would be added is if you started a new dynamic playlist
in that directory when it only contained one track, shutdown and added
new tracks to that directory and then resumed play. When you PLAY in a
directory, we only keep a pointer to the directory for resume, not all
the individual tracks (see bug: http://tinyurl.com/38v7t).

-Hardeep