Subject: Re: dB volume (was: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2)

Re: dB volume (was: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2)

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:25:35 -0500

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:04:23 +0100 (MET), "[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
wrote:

>> I have a number of cfg's set up for various
>> listening environments that I really don't want to have to go back and
>edit.
>
>The discussion was just about the reading, not about moving it or whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the value stored in a .cfg file have to
be the same units as the display? Would I not have to edit my configs to
change the volume level from the percentage to some hokey dB level if this
changes was made?

As far as adding complexity, I see nothing wrong with putting seldom changed
paremeters in the .cfg but not on the menu. Many other software already do
that.

To me, these kinds of changes are little more than geeky turd polishing. Said
as a member of the geek fraternity.

John

---
John De Armond