Subject: Re: dB volume
From: Richard Klein (rich_at_richardklein.org)
Date: 2004-03-20

Fred Maxwell wrote:
> Uwe Freese wrote:
>
>> I would also prefer a dB display going from -something dB to 0dB.

<snip>
> > I don't think this is so unusual - all the modern amplifiers /
> > receivers (including mine) show volume in dB.
>
> While typical mid-fi consumer products do that, high-end audio
> components and professional products generally do not:

As someone who doesn't have a firm grasp on the different decibel scales
let me say that it doesn't matter what scale RockBox displays as long as
we can figure out which button turns it up and which turns it down and
can see some visual indication that it's recognizing the button presses.

-- Rich