Subject: Re: is there a 'find' feature or search feature in 2.2?
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-03-20

At 00:10 20/03/04, you wrote:
>I know I have a song on my archos.. but cant find it..
>is there a search or find feature that I havent notice?
>will this or could this be incorporated?

It would be simple enough to write a plugin to such an effect, but I
believe a feature such as this would be troublesome in two respects:

1. How do you enter text? We have a keyboard routine, but as great as it
is (and it IS great) it is quite a chore to use. Maybe you would accept
this limitation.

2. It would require a LOT of disk reading which would eat the batteries
alive! Again, perhaps you appreciate this already? You may be able to
ease this by storing an index file somewhere (root?), but it would need to
be updated every time you modified even one file.

Given the unavoidable limitations, does it still sound like a good idea?