Subject: Re: Voice UI, step 3 done (numerical settings spoken)
From: Chris Hoekstra (chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2004-03-20

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

>>We are missing a spoken choice for Karaoke in the "Sound Settings" ->
>>"Channels" menu.
>>

>Hehe, this is funny.
>It's there, but you don't hear it since the Karaoke setting is immediately
>applied. Karaoke means blending out a mono part of the signal (you only hear
>the channel difference). Our voices are a true mono signal, and perfectly
>muted by the feature.

Well that makes it a bit harder than just adding that sound file to the
compilations... ;)

You know, I was wondering if something like this was happening on the
Auto Volume settings as it seemed to actually delay the playing back of
the spoken value, but I couldn't and can't reproduce it, so I think I
had a loose headphone jack issue.

>>And anti-skip buffer doesn't speak the values.
>>

>This is an oversight, will look into it.
>Meanwhile, I found some more, e.g. the file and playlist limits, sleep
>timer, disk spindown.
>Will check more thorougly, it was getting too late yesterday, had to finish.

Yeah, I got tired of doing and exhaustive search. Thanks for following
up and finding others.