Subject: RE: Voice UI, step 3 done (numerical settings spoken)
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-03-20

Hi.
        IDC]Dragon said
        BTW, why do you want to fiddle with the voice options so frequently?
thought you will just have them set to on, once for ever, while most people
will
have them off (default).

        I agree, one won't need to access them often. However, how does one
turn them on if they get turned off, either by a format, loss of data, or
reinstallation of Rockbox, or when buying a new unit? Would it be possible
to have a shortcut key (like menu+on+right arrow or something for the player
units) to turn the speech on and off? Alternatively, could we do it through
a configuration file of some kind? That is, could I edit a configuration
file from the PC to make the speech turn on?
        Aman