Subject: Re: Voice UI, step 3 done (numerical settings spoken)
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-03-20

At 15:32 20/03/04, you wrote:

> > > Hehe, this is funny.
> > > It's there, but you don't hear it since the Karaoke setting is
> > immediately
> > > applied. Karaoke means blending out a mono part of the signal (you only
> > hear
> > > the channel difference). Our voices are a true mono signal, and
> > perfectly
> > > muted by the feature.
> >
> > That *is* funny. Could you make a clip in just one channel for this
> > particular entry, or does that mess with the whole voice menu system?
>The clips are all independent, we can mix stereo and mono as we'd like.
>So, yes, with some manual work it's possible to fix.

Yes, that's funny :)

Surely, if you actually engage Karaoke mode, then it will affect the entire
speech system.
I would have though a special case in play_voice() ...if (mode==karaoke)
...the other simple solution I can think of is to hold phase inverted
stereo recordings, but that would double the size of the voicefont?

Just tryin' to be helpful.