Subject: Oh Wo is Me!
From: Rocker (
Date: 2004-03-20

Hello rockboxers,

I think I may have been talking to much about the hardware quality of my
Archos FMR. I was listening to my rockbox in bed last night and fell asleep
with it on my chest. I rolled over in my sleep and it fell crashing to the
floor. Thinking that I have dropped it before with no consequences I
plugged in the charger. A couple of hours later I unplugged it and tried to
fire it up with no success! The unit was warm so I assume it is not a
charging or battery issue. When I hit the on button I can hear the double
blips like it is trying to spin the drive. The drive does not start up. I
connected the USB cable. It would not load the drive! I think my box is
dead! Any ideas as to what may have pooched? Maybe the HD has cracked? Is
it worth it to get it fixed or should I just look for a new unit? Any
thoughts are much appreciated. I am going to go and morne the death of my
Archos now. Me and my big mouth!