Subject: Re: Windows delayed write failed, files not playing
From: Glenn Ervin at Home (GlennErvin_at_cableone.net)
Date: 2004-03-20

When I try to transfer a large number of large files
(actually 1.6 GB, 844 files), I eventually get a message saying "windows
delayed write failed". It says that the file, then gives a file name, could
not be written and that this could be a problem with the network hardware.
I've searched this error out on Google, but they give explanations which
aren't really applicable (enable DMA, install drivers for the video card, so
on). Most of the solutions apply to internal drives. Is there any way to
stop this error?
*
Perhaps you might try taking smaller bites (bytes) at one time, and see if
this helps.

Secondly, some of the MP3 files I transfer won't play on the Archos,
and won't transfer to the computer. These are not necessarily the files
mentioned in the error message, though those may not play too, but other
files that seemed to transfer fine. I simply get silence when I try to play
them. Could this have anything to do with the difficulties transferring
files to the unit?
*
You might see what the file size and bit rate and other such factors these
problem files have in common. Does it happen in folders with many files?
Glenn.