Subject: RE: Quality Difference from WinAmp to Archos

RE: Quality Difference from WinAmp to Archos

From: Jake Wilcox <ohbejake_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:53:18 -0700

I've played around with them, including turning the skip buffer all the way
up. The settings seem to do what they're supposed to, but they don't fix the
problem. Turning up the skip buffer seems to do nothing at all.

That does make sense, though, as it's obviously not a hard drive problem.

The two working theories I've got right now are a bad MAS chip or bad RAM.
I'm talking to newmp3tech to see if they think they can fix it. If so, I'll
send it in to them to let them have a go at it.