Subject: Re: Notes from the audiobook world.
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2004-03-21

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:09:36 -0600, "Chris Weaver" <cweaver_at_bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>Great comments, thanks for posting, I agree with you, these sound like great ideas.
>
>Are there any resources for good free mp3 audiobooks?

Usenet - check the alt...audiobook and ...spoken_word groups.

Library. Our podunk one has a nice selection

Cracker Barrel restaurant (almost free). Buy the first for about $18, then
swap it for a new one for a $3 exchange fee. I've been known to sit out in
the parking lot in my motorhome, ripping 3 or 4 books in a session.

P2P networks. This is probably the worst choice, as it is difficult but not
impossible to get the whole thing.

John

---
John De Armond