Subject: Re: Serial remote code "STOP" (0xC2) partially not working
From: Matthias Klumpp (Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-21

I found out some news about this topic.

I deleted Rockboxx from my Archos (SHAME on me......) and tried with the
original Archos Firmware.
There it's working 100%, also STOP 0xC2 within playing a song.

IMHO it seems to be a Rockboxx SW problem, or there are indeed differences
between the Studio Jukebox Players and the Recorders.

Anybody out there who could test that, or have look into the corresponding
part of the Rockboxx SW to figure out the SW expectations or Studio/Recorder
differences ?

Greetings

Matthias

> > As we've discussed offline, my remote send 0xC2 and a playing song stops
> > as expected.
>
> I suppose it's working with your Recorder (??, that's what you have, isn't
it ?).
> Could there be any difference in Recorder and Studio Rockboxx ???

> > > If I have backlight dimmed down, I can observe, that the backlight
goes on.
> > > That again tells me, that the AJB is receiving data, but still does
not react.
> > Without looking at the Rockbox source, it could be that the backlight
goes
> > on as soon as a start bit transition is received - it may not indicate
> > correct reception of a command.
>
> Hmmmm........arrrghhhh....

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de