Subject: RE: Notes from the audiobook world.

RE: Notes from the audiobook world.

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:19:02 -0500

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:09:36 -0600, Chris Weaver wrote:
> Great comments, thanks for posting, I agree with you, these sound like
> great ideas.
>

> Are there any resources for good free mp3 audiobooks?

>From what I have seen in my travels around the net, feeding my obsession
for audiobooks, audiobooks have three basic characteristics, Good, Free,
and Legal. It is my firm belief that you have to pick two of the three.

Good and Legal falls to Audible. (possible to re-purpose into an MP3 for
the Archos with various applications, like Total Recorder)

Good and Free floats around in various binary newsgroups, with access made
easier with a program like the most excellent NewsBot.

Free and Legal can be found on sites like www.audiobooks.org (Not that
Sherlock Holmes is bad, mind you, but I've already heard them all) :)
Enough links there to keep you busy for a while though.

Chris
(sorry for the OT, but there appear to be lots of audiobook lovers here)