Subject: low battery hd noise
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-03-21

Hi, as i wrote bevore, I just bought my Archos. I noticed that when the batteries ar low, my unit stops playng or transfering files, but before shutting down, the hd makes strange noises, 10 or 20 times, it makes like "srs crs crs noises, it seems that it wants to read but power is not enough. it's as if it tries to move the had, while the disc rotation is insufficient for lack of adequat power. wouldn't it be better to shut down the unit completely a minute before?

I mast say, being blind, I don't see the battery level yet, but still, is this normal? and, I sow a patch to make archos beep, it's a dif file, but honestly I don't know how to patch the .ajz file I have.

Thanks in advance.

           Cristian