Subject: The Linux Utility Disk (LUD) for Archos JB Users
From: roland (
Date: 2004-03-22

i have seen this on the archosjukebox yahoogroup and think
it could be of interest for rockboxers, too.

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:16:35 -0800 (PST)
   From: James Stewart <>
Subject: Re: Compatible HDD

Okay, I finally came out with my utility floppy, (see
my other post about this). It is at:

No promises, but it *is* a different look at your JB.
You could see what kind of partition this thing says
you have. You can do it's file system check on it to
see if it finds anything wrong. You can browse it to
make sure a possibly corrupted firmware file doesn't
show up. You can even repartition and reformat your
drive with it (and be the first one to test this
feature! -- be afraid!)

I would be curious if this utility floppy helps out.

Want to give this a try?

It's a Linux on a single floppy, and has partitioning
and formating utilities on it.