Subject: for all you guys with a broken jb out there
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-22

FYI
(also from yahoogroups)

Message: 11
   Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:43:14 -0000
   From: "Mike Freeman" <mikfree_at_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NEWMP3TECHNOLOGY

Hi John, I really appreciate the advice, it's good to have a
different perspective on things. Most of my customers would
disagree with you :), but I definitely see what you mean. We have
to be careful with allowing too much lead time, however, or we'll
end up losing our advantage over Archos' customer support. From my
experience, Archos has had an average lead time of around 2 weeks
(depending on the workload), and I've been trying to keep it under
this if at all possible. We've actually put a hold on the repairs
for the next month, however, in order to catch up with present
customers and begin working on our new accessory projects for the
Jukeboxes. I'm looking more toward developing kits with
instructions for people to do their own simple repairs. We have a
large stock of Recorder/ FM Recorder lcd's, for example. We can
sell them with simple instructions and tools as kits for people to
repair their own screens, as an example. Also, we have lots of used
parts, like the blue rubber bumpers and battery covers for the older
models, USB 2 cables and camera modules for the Multimedias, etc.
If we can lighten this inventory, we can use the extra money to push
ahead with new ideas. If anyone has any input on this, if they think
this would be a good or bad idea to implement, please give some
arguments for or against, it will definitely help us in this
decision making process.

Best Regards,
Mike Freeman
NewMP3Technology
Specializing in repair, hard drive upgrade service and accessories
for your Archos Jukebox
http://www.newmp3technology.com