Subject: Re: Voice UI, step 3 done (numerical settings spoken)
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-03-22

> > I'm not sure I understand how this would improve. I don't want to load
> > the voice file without necessity, and not generally on boot.
> Why not? It takes less than a second at boot, and then it's available
> immediately without having to spin up again.
> The gain is getting voice immediately when you enter the menu, without
> having to wait several seconds for the disk to first spin up and then load
> file.

Hmm, I agree only under these conditions:
- voice UI is enabled (with the to-be-created option)
- we're not about to resume

Otherwise, I don't like anything that extends the boot time.

On another construction size, it would be great if we can sometime enable
the fast ATA routines, this would also help.

100% Virenerkennung nach Wildlist. Infos: