Subject: Voice UI,numers for folders and files?

Voice UI,numers for folders and files?

From: Cristian <cguiducci_at_gostec.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:19:40 +0100

Hi', perhaps I'm speeding things up a bit, but, would it be possible now that all menues speak, and that the mp3 for the numbers are already in the "english.voice" file, to have a function that counts all the items in a folder and pronounces a correspondent number for each item when the arrows are moved?

Using the single letters than, would it be possible to spell an item be it either a folder or a file? this function could be called by let's say a combination of two keys. But this is perhaps to much of a phantasy world?

As for all voice settings, I think that turning them off by default would be better, given that "thanks God", sighted people are much more than we are, provided blind have a reasonable way to activate them, I don't "see" any problem there.

As for the spoken menues, I noticed that all the time and date settings, all the timer functions, sleep timer and so on, ar not voiced. I didn't also succeed in making a bookmark, and finding it then, browsing the list. In my unit, also the whole debug menue is not voiced yet.

If not the whole debug menu, it would be interesting to have the possibility to here the battery status in a percentage value.

regards,

          Cristian