Subject: Re: What about the wake up timer and sleep timer?

Re: What about the wake up timer and sleep timer?

From: Richard Klein <rich_at_richardklein.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:18:37 -0500

d bean wrote:

> A while ago, someone put a sleep and wake up timer in rockbox, but as I
> remember, it didnt work very well. I was wondering if any other work
> has been done on these to make them work better or if any will be. I
> was really looking forward to using them. Can you include the ability
> to choose time off for the sleep timer and time on for the wakeup
> timer. Also the song file to play and what volume to play it at and be
> able to set the duration of the alarm. Thanks

I've tried them both in RockBox v2.2. They both work, but when you set
the wakeup alarm it immediately shuts the Jukebox off. If you then turn
the Jukebox back on, it un-sets the alarm, so you can't listen to the
Jukebox as you fall asleep and then have it wake you up. I have no
problems with the sleep timer. You choose how long it plays (not what
time it shuts off, though) in 15 minute increments and it turns itself
off at the end of that time period.

I think the alarm just starts playing wherever the last bookmark was set
at whatever volume it was last set at.

-- Rich