Subject: Re: voice files.

Re: voice files.

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:05:57 +0100 (MET)

> Are these voice features for everyone.. or is
> rockbox just building
> it for accesibility.. (handicapped etc)

It's for everybody who likes a voice menu, for whatever reason. I personally
thought it's a good idea in the car.

> I don't see any information or docs on how to make them
> work, or are they extra files and clips that are needed.

It's been posted several times, but once again:

Get a daily build of Rockbox, and this voice file:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/speech/voicefont/english.voice

Place it in ".rockbox/langs/english.voice". If you have enough of the
babble, you currently have to rename away the file, as there is no option yet to
turn it off.

Jörg