Subject: Re: Sound quality test
From: Gajdos_at_metatem.net
Date: 2004-03-23

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 at 13:31, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> Rockbox stereo separation is "too wide, with too little punch".

"Stereo" means that the left input goes to the left output and the right
input to the right output. Achieving channel separation in the whole
audio chain is the goal, but enormously difficult - there's some miniscule
crosstalk at probably every point in the analog domain. The digital
domain is the only place where we can be absolutely certain that there is
no crosstalk unless we add it in - so please, let's not...

> I want you audiophiles to try to find the combination that gives you the
> "best" sound. Also try to find the combination that sounds like the
> original firmware.

If the original firmware mixes the channels in "stereo mode", and someone
really wants to mimic their error in that case, then why not an "archos
stereo" setting, but please leave the "stereo" setting pure.

"Options are friends..."
/JG