Subject: Re: Sound quality test
From: Bjoern Fischer (bfischer_at_techfak.uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: 2004-03-23

Hi Linus,

> There is a discussion going on about the sound quality being worse with
> Rockbox than with the original firmware. Some people claim that the
> Rockbox stereo separation is "too wide, with too little punch".

whatever the result of this survey is, please make the defaults either
flat or Archos-like as a user selectable option. I highly prefer the flat
setting over the Archos-like defaults. Probably this depends on the
ear phones that I use. While I like the flat setting with my Porta Pro,
that already contains a lot of "punch", some other phones may require
a more "prepunched" signal.

What about presets that are implemented like WPS or saved configs just
for all sound options? The user can simply switch between settings for
his/her phones or amp used at home and for portable ear plugs.

Björn (Fischer)