Subject: Re: New JBR V2

Re: New JBR V2

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:37:34 +0100

Lyman Green wrote:

> 1. I have hit a number of MP3 tracks that seem to have blips or skips in
> them. I would swear they did NOT have those skips and/or blips when I
> ripped them, but now I'm going to have to spend some time to determine if
> that really is the case. I thought it might be skipping so I increased
> the read-ahead skip setting to 6 seconds. I think I'll increase it even
> more.

That sounds strange. You should try playing with the original firmware,
and also with a PC player. There might be CRC errors in the stream and
many PC players don't care about the CRC, but the decoder chip in the
Archos does. If that is the case, there are tools to fix that. Or just
re-rip the corrupt tracks.

> 2. It doesn't seem as though Rockbox sorts by ID tag info. I have
> Crystal Method's Legion of Boom on the box and it seems to sort the songs
> in the directory incorrectly, though they do seem to have ID3 tags that
> are correct and should allow it to sort and play correctly.

Rockbox doesn't care about the ID3 tags when sorting the files, only the
file names.

Linus