Subject: Re: Using Recorder V2 with FM Build ?
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2004-03-24

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Josh Weiss wrote:

> Will there be any problems that my Recorder V2 is running the FM Recorder
> version 2.2 ? (I put on the entire FM Recorder .rockbox package on the JBR)

When Rockbox is read from disk as ajbrec.ajz:

If Rockbox for the FM runs on your V2, then I'd say your V2 is an FM! ;-) The
FM and the V2 firmwares use different firmware scramblings, which prevents
ordinary people to mix them up since they won't run on the wrong model...

When Rockbox is flashed:

The FM and the V2 have the same code base, so you won't notice any
differencies. Those two models are very similar, hardware wise.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --