Subject: Re: Hard drive update on V2
From: Oliver (oliver.online_at_schweiz.ch)
Date: 2004-03-24

Hi Carlos,

Carlos Astrada wrote:
> Anybody have recommendations on a good and reliable replacement drive
> for the V2? I want to change the standard 20GB. If any of you have run
> into problems with certain drives, it would be nice to know.

I am very happy with the Toshiba Silent Drive (40GB). I have chosen the
40GB because these are the biggest Silent Drives with one disc inside. The
60GB and 80GB versions have 2 discs inside (=> more current to spin-up).
(and...40gigs are quite enough for me :o)

DO NOT buy a Toshiba MK3021GAS or similar! I tried hard to get it working.
But it does not even spin-up inside the AJB. I think the reason is a new
special Toshiba-harddisk-powersave-feature. Even Toshiba support center
recommended me to use their drive only in laptops.

+++ Oliver