Subject: Re: How much HD space left?

Re: How much HD space left?

From: (wrong string) ürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:16:34 +0100

> Perhaps Windows really scans the free clusters each time it boots?
> Andreas

Why not? The 20 GB disk has 1,220,341 clusters which have to be checked whether they are free or not. This would require to read the
FAT (only some MB) and counting the number of free clusters. This number multiplied with the cluster size is the free space. I don't
know exactly how much computing time this would require but I think it should not be so much or?

Jürgen Hestermann.