Subject: RE: Not reading genres
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-03-25

Charlie wrote:

> But now I'm flummoxed. Should I get a program that converts all my tags
> from ID3v2.4 to ID3v2.3? A brief Google search has turned up Tag Tinker
> and MP3 Tag Clinic - any suggestions?

I have stuck with ID3v1.1 tags because of idiosyncrasies involving the v2.x
tags. They do everything that I need and work with the Archos firmware,
Rockbox firmware, Riovolt firmware, and my in-dash MP3/CD player.

The programs that I use to manipulate tags, strip out tags, convert between
tag versions, etc. are ID3-TagIt and MP3-Tag Studio.

Good luck.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell