Subject: Re: Not reading genres
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2004-03-25

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Jean Boullier wrote:

> All that to say that I have always been a little surprised and
> disappointed that Rockbox blocks on such an apparently trivial matterl?

id3 tag reading done right is NOT a trivial matter. Anyone who has read all
the specs and compared how they differ and seen the vast amounts of available
tags in there should've noticed. It's a jungle.

We've supported id3v1 and id3v2 since Rockbox 1.0 and we've been fixing bugs
in the tag reader since. And we still have bugs left!

 Daniel Stenberg -- --